Saturday, September 27, 2008



This Cake was a gift to a very dear friend of mine for their Wedding Gift.

The morning of the wedding it rained, when I say rain I mean wet muggy rain.

Anyone who has ever decorated a cake from Sugar and Lard knows the complications the weather can bring. Smart me is worried that the moisture will make the cake deformed if the icing isn't dry enough, so I decide to decorate the cake at the Church recep. Hall..

BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!! The air was off, it was HOT and MUGGY!! Hot MELTS, MUGGY STICKS!!! Oh MY God!!!

After alot of praying and sweating tears 5 min before the Bride walked down the isle. I FINISHED THE CAKE!!!!! Due to the weather this was the longest time I have ever spent on a cake. Over 8 hours of intense stress.

Oh did I mention the bottom layer fell into crumbles when I picked it up to place it in the box to take to the church? I had to rebake another bottom layer!!

There is diamonds on the sides of this cake with pearl accents. I also did the floral arrangements on this cake. Getting pretty good at it.

No comments: